Star Rank Requirements
1. Be active in your troop and patrol for at least four months as a First Class Scout.
2. Demonstrate Scout spirit by living the Scout Oath (Promise) and Scout Law in your everyday life.
3. Earn six merit badges, including any four from the required list for Eagle. (See the Eagle Rank Requirements, number 3, for this list.) A Scout may choose any of the 15 required merit badges in the 12 categories to fulfill this requirement.
4. While a First Class Scout, take part in service projects totaling at least six hours of work. These projects must be approved by your Scout Master.
5. While a First Class Scout, serve actively for four months in one or more of the following positions of responsibility (or carry out a Scoutmaster-assigned leadership project to help the troop):
- Boy Scout troop. Patrol leader, assistant senior patrol leader, senior patrol leader, troop guide, Order of the Arrow troop representative, den chief, scribe, librarian, historian, quartermaster, bugler, junior assistant Scoutmaster, chaplain aide, or instructor.
- Varsity Scout team. Captain, co-captain, program manager, squad leader, team secretary, Order of the Arrow troop representative, librarian, historian, quartermaster, chaplain aide, instructor, or den chief.
- Venturing crew/ship. President, vice president, secretary, treasurer, boatswain, boatswain’s mate, yeoman, purser, or storekeeper.
6. Take part in a Scoutmaster conference.
7. Complete your board of review.